Saturday, July 17, 2010

Picnic XI!

Pingu and I hosted our 11th Multi-Cultural Food Picnic.

My Chicken Wings with Onion Sauce 手羽玉炒め煮
This dish received eight votes and unofficially came in the second place, but I had to disqualify myself. :) I was pleased that the chicken was sold out so quickly. :D Thank you!

Pingu's Teriyaki Flat Iron Steak on Rice

My Hijiki Rice ひじきの混ぜご飯
This one "unofficially" won the 3rd prize. I can't believe people liked both of my dishes and have mixed feelings! Before becoming a mom, I used to spend so much more time preparing my food for the picnic. This time, I spent SO LITTLE TIME making the chicken wings and this rice dish, but they turned out to be very popular. :o Pretty ironic, isn't it? (^^;)

We had 27 amazing dishes!

Here's the result of this year's contest!

Main Dish Category:
1st Texas Brisket (USA)

2nd Spicy Pork with Pickled Vegetable (China)

3rd Ribs (USA)

Dessert Category:
1st Almond Torte (Portugal)

2nd Apple Crisp (USA)

3rd Apple Tart (country unknown)

No comments:

Post a Comment