Monday, March 8, 2010

Peasant Bread

We love the bread they serve at Romano's Macaroni Grill Italian Restaurant, and I've been wanting to try to bake something like that for a while. I finally searched for peasant bread recipes for bread machine and tried one of them with some adjustment. Since I didn't want to have to take out the dough, shape it, let it rise, AND bake it in the oven, I took out the bread pan right before the bread machine would go into the baking cycle, brushed the dough with olive oil, sprinkled with salt, and put the pan right back into the machine.

The bread was fantastic and came pretty close to Macaroni Grill's bread! I was so proud of myself. :) Of course, everybody in my family loved it that we finished the whole loaf again. It made my day!

Ingredients:
bread flour (250g)
water (165g)
olive oil (38g)
salt (5g)
sugar (15g)
fresh rosemary (1 tbsp.)
yeast (1 tsp.)

This silicone pastry brush by OXO worked perfectly for brushing olive oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment