Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Pumpkin Bake


かぼちゃのアーモンドがけオーブン焼き
Pumpkin Bake ~ wheat & egg-free version

Pingu's relatives loved it. His aunt later told me she ate too much of it for lunch that she was too full to eat dinner that day. The original recipe is from Quality of Life by JUNA (JUNAさんありがとう!とっても美味しかったです), but for my daughter who is allergic to eggs and wheat, I made some changes.

Here's my recipe:
  1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Thinly slice a quarter of kabocha pumpkin (I prefer organic since we eat the skin as well) and boil it for 3-4 minutes. Do not over-cook it.
  2. Place the pumpkin in layers in a oven-safe dish and season each layer with salt and pepper.
  3. Put a thin layer of egg-free mayo. Sprinkle some mixture of Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley.
  4. Top with shredded Mozzarella cheese and sliced almonds.
  5. Bake for about 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment